Wednesday evening was the one year anniversary of the debut of Faces of Israel. It’s hard to believe that a whole year has gone by, but this has been an exciting journey and we’re still going strong. In the coming year, I hope to bring a couple more people onto the team so that I am not the sole leadership behind the program. But before planning for next year, I would like to recount some of the Faces of Israel highlights from the past year:
- Sold-out film debut on a weeknight in Riverdale with 300+ audience members
- Over 80 screenings and programs across the country at universities, JCCs, summer camps and synagogues across the denominational spectrum
- Cover article of New Voices Magazine and significant press coverage in other publications
- Film tours to Atlanta, Colorado, North Carolina, Israel and more with a tour to Chicago, Cleveland, Vermont, Washington DC, Boulder, and other locations booked for later this Spring
- Film revenue far surpassed the goals I had set, and I have started to shoot higher
With all of those positives there were of course some downers, but as critical as I can be at times of my own work, it’s great to reflect on the program’s first exciting, very successful year!
posted by amybetho