My trip to Vermont was short but fantastic. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Took a peek into the slow food / local food Vermont culture and enjoyed homemade dinner at my host’s home
- Attended an ‘Oral Traditions: Road Trips’ event at Middlebury College where students and faculty recounted personal stories in eight minutes or less, sans notes
- Stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast and remembered how cozy and wonderful inns can be as compared to hotel chains
- Conversed with the parents of a tight-wire acrobat and gained newfound inspiration upon learning of adult circus schools for beginners (*added this to the bucket list)
- Took in the scenery during the drive from Middlebury to Burlington, particularly the sparkling and serene Lake Champlain
Separately, my sister Rachael shared this incredibly cool news article with me. Essentially, an Irish travel company is holding a dream job contest and will be sending two individuals on six months of luxury honeymoons. All the couple will need to do is write about their experiences. Their living expenses will be paid and they will receive a generous salary given the job. To apply, all you need to do is fill out a super short form and submit an 80-second video explaining why they should pick you and why Ireland is a great place for weddings. Jay and I won’t be applying for the contest as we have our next six months mapped out and are really excited for our plans, but we encourage you guys to give it a go. The deadline was just extended to April 7th, so get hopping and good luck!
posted by amybetho