Thirteen off-the-cuff reasons:
- …no commute.
- …no more Outlook calendars and meetings!
- …stopped caring about snail mail.
- …longer and more relaxing meals.
- …often having no idea what day of the week it is.
- …staying up late doesn’t matter because you can sleep in.
- …making it to the $10 all you can eat sushi happy hour from 3-5 pm on weekdays.
- …picking up fresh fruits and vegetables a few times a week because we have time to do so.
- …getting to see each other during the morning and afternoon, and not just at the end of a long and exhausting work day.
- …being offered jobs in Reno and turning them down. Hoping to not go back to the working world for a while.
- …mid-week hikes, hotel stays and adventures are the norm. What makes weekends special is that everyone else is free to hang out.
- …LinkedIn seeming more fun than practical. Recent job descriptions that I’ve thought up for Yair: Bug Doctor and Butterfly Surgeon (after a successful stint saving small creatures from a swimming pool in Costa Rica this summer).
- …and finally, Yair used to refrain from walking down Johnson Ave in a t-shirt lest a professional/political contact see him in casual clothes and get the ‘wrong impression’. I can count the number of non t-shirt days in the past five months on one hand.
Ah, times have changed.
posted by ayo and jay