Meet Lucas, one of my favorite members of the LA Crew. Lucas is an actor whose soul is in the theater. He often slips into different characters or scenes during everyday conversation, but it never seems like he’s trying. *
Perhaps what I like most about Lucas is his spontaneity. While I might talk or tease about doing something, he’ll just jump right in and do it. A couple of weeks ago, I suggested that Yair go for a mohawk or fauxhawk. Within five minutes we were in his bathroom, with Lucas playing the role of barber. The week before and the night that we met (after seeing Lucas perform in an incredible series of monologues at Zombie Joe’s), I jokingly suggested that we haze the new actors who came to Lucas’ pad for the after-party. Within minutes, we were all in the kitchen and Lucas was pouring vegetable oil and cinnamon into my hands as we made Tucker (another actor and a good sport) into a human cinnamon bun. Lucas polished the job off with a set of raspberries right on Tucker’s tummy! Most recently, I thought that it would be fun to give blonde hair a whirl and without hesitation Lucas volunteered to be my stylist (his first time, of course) this weekend. We’ll see if that one happens…
It’s just fun being around such crazy, wild and yet sweet people. Glad that we’ve had this time to hang with Lucas and our crew in LA!
*Speaking of, Lucas’ texts are so fun because they read just like he speaks. The texts kind of deserve their own twitter feed. You might not appreciate it as much without context or knowing him, but here are a few samples below:
- Y’alls got MIDNIGHT POWUH! Ill most likely be pushin dream daisies by then, but as Im otherworldly, you never know…
- Rest down. Have peas. Appreciate the eclipse. Bring me to gym. Mine heart is learning ree-ZIL-ee-ins these days.
- Yo, sorry I double-backed on you guys. I hyperpalpitate on timeliness. Not an excuse, but a fun fact on the underside of my poptop lid.
- Lettuce! Im goin to the circus tomorrow, but if I dont fall in love with a member AND run away with them, Ill make my sorry way hoooome.
- My Lord, a rather unsouthern ghost has invaded my quarters. Or Im just a bonehead lacking in recollective grey matter.
- Desperate for flavor, our hero squeezes half a pack of soy sauce into his sizeable gaw.
- Delighted from hamstretch to Ayograph. I’m millions of grateful to’ve metcha. That Jew Slop was great, too. (“Jew slop” = chulent, for those curious.)
- If there’s two thing I’m m-m-m-mad for, it’s cuddlin’ ‘n’ textin’. Namanasty, y’all.
- Riddle me this and choose your own adventure, ma love…
posted by ayo